A major global Mining & Resources business made the strategic decision to insource its Technology function to better manage and leverage core capabilities, IP and expertise. The project aim was to double the size of the permanent workforce with a specific focus on attracting females with STEM qualifications. Hiring was concentrated in several key hubs in North and South America, Asia and Australia.
TQ was engaged to support the design, establishment and operation of the Technology service model, particularly focused on process design, team structure and capability requirements, technology configuration and project data and reporting requirements. TQ worked in harmony with the in-house project leaders and a blended TQ – Client team was established with TQ disproportionately focused on strategic sourcing, market mapping and initial candidate engagement. Our challenge was to:
- Source the best talent in the global market
- Strive for a 50:50 gender balance
- Cover 32 different IT & Digital role specialities
- Deliver a high touch, best in class experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Hire c.800 Technologists globally within 6-month timeframe
The TQ Solution
- Develop a fit for purpose hiring process / workflow using existing ATS / HR systems.
- Develop appropriate project reporting of core activities at a very detailed level including measuring the success of the sourcing and marketing activities initiated.
- Identify, document and maintain compliance requirements in the seven countries.
- Develop new hiring templates and documentation for the newly formed recruitment team.
- Train and induct the newly formed hybrid team on project requirements, systems and process protocols etc.
- Deployed a team of 9 on-site TA specialists in Australia within a six-week period and established an offsite support team of c.8 people to assist with sourcing and screening activities.
- Jointly project manage the program of work alongside the client Project Lead.
- TQ’s analysis and process design simplified the application experience and introduced EOI based protocols.
- Global sourcing and marketing campaign initiated by the client with candidates submitting EOI for the TA team to connect and triage to opportunities.
- Provision of high touch support for hiring managers.
- Extensive use of proactive sourcing, market mapping and research to widen the candidate pool.
- Facilitated the assessment and conversion of contractors where appropriate.
- The project successfully made its appointment and several members of the TQ team transitioned to other client projects.