This exciting Marketing Technology business came to TQ with two key requests;
- Help us build better HR practices so that we develop and invest in our team, enhancing their capabilities and performance.
- Be an executive coach for the Director; identifying strategies to reduce operational management and freeing up time to do more of the things that energised him – family time at home and client development activities at work.
The TQ Solution
- Conduct a consultative cultural and HR process audit, identifying the strengths and opportunities that existed within the team, culture, employee experience and HR processes.
- Redesign the HR service model to close some gaps, make the best use of current resources and optimise a series of key processes and policies.
- Augment the in-house team with one of our HR Principal Consultants (half a day a week), to help partner with the Director to proactively identify and implement HR process improvements, engage with and coach employees, coach developing leaders and identify opportunities to improve the employee experience on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and implement a people operating rhythm to enhance engagement and performance, this included addressing any practices that presented a compliance or operational risk to the business.
- Enhance team structure to reduce single point sensitivity and ensure that there is a clear succession plan and structure in place to deliver consistent leadership support and practices.
- Identify and contract an Executive Coach for the Director to identify working style/preference and develop wellness practices.
- Empowered leadership – Director empowered to create work-life balance and sustainable personal performance.
- Launched enhanced employee benefits and cultural initiatives, including introducing a new Flex-time program, a structured operating and communication rhythm and working with the business to enhance team development days.
- A forward-looking HR strategy. A forward-looking business.